My research interests are in the field of soft matter physics, particularly the nature of thin polymer films and interfaces. These interests encompass polyelectrolyte brushes, polymer diffusion, bioadhesion, and semi-conducting polymers.
Above: Untitled by Ana Rodríguez. Ana got her PhD in my research group, working on all-polymer field-effect transistors. Image by kind permission.
My research interests include:
- Diffusion in polymer systems: Recent research shows how we can control the movement of single polymer molecules.
- Bioadhesion: The interactions of biological cells with surfaces is critical to their viability.
- Stability of polymer films: How and why do thin polymer films break up, and can we control their behaviour?
- Semiconducting polymers: How does the structure of an organic electronic device influence its properties?
- Polyelectrolyte brushes: These materials show large changes in their physical properties depending upon the pH of the solution they are in contact with.